- This event has passed.
RunTough for Team Tommy
September 28, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 11:00 am
The 3rd Annual RunTough for Team Tommy is a family-friendly 5K and 1M Fun Run/Walk with 2 ways to participate:
- GRAND RAPIDS RunTough for Team Tommy – Join the Ruddy Family on September 28th in Allendale, MI 5k and 1 mile options both run or walk available for all ages! REGISTER NOW
- VIRTUAL RunTough for Team Tommy – you choose the date, the time, and the location for your run or walk. REGISTER NOW
All proceeds will go to The ChadTough Foundation, whose mission is to fund research and raise awareness for pediatric brain cancer with an emphasis on Diffuse Intrinsic Pontine Glioma (DIPG).
Did you know?
- Cancer is the number one disease killer of children in America
- Brain tumors are the leading cause of cancer-related death in children
- DIPG is the leading cause of death from brain tumors in children
- ONLY roughly 4% of the taxpayer-funded National Cancer Institute’s (NCI) annual budget is directed toward pediatric cancer (not brain cancer but ALL pediatric cancer).
Friday, September 27th:
- 5:30-7:30 pm: Race Packet Pick-Up in the BACK of the greenhouse at Countryside Greenhouse (9050 Lake Michigan Drive)
Saturday, September 28th:
- 7:30 am: Registration & Race Packet Pick-Up
- 8:30 am: Opening Ceremony
- 9:00 am: 1M Fun Run/Walk begins
- 9:30 am: 5K Run begins
- 11:00 am: End of activities
Please note this is an off-road, grass track. All terrain strollers and wheelchairs will be acceptable for the course. Pets are welcomed.
Sign-up today! All participants registered by September 6th are guaranteed a race shirt and a finishing award. Awards will be given for the 5K top male and female racers overall.